November 20, 2013

RomTerraria Source Release, RomTerraria.MonoGame Release Incoming

I'll be releasing the currently shipping source code for RomTerraria 3.0 Preview Release tonight.  It'll be a Visual Studio 2013 solution, but you should be able to use Visual Studio 2012 or even Visual Studio 2010 to work with it.

I'll also be releasing the source for a side project...RomTerraria.MonoGame.  Essentially, I've been working on creating a one-click solution to convert compiled XNA projects to MonoGame projects.  It's not as easy as I'd like it to be, but I've been making great progress using Terraria as a test bed and hopefully people with more time than me can help make it a reality.

I've written code that injects the proper set of MonoMac calls necessary for Mac games in MonoGame to work right and changes the entry point to the assembly...
 I've written code that either removes unneeded Win32 calls or replaces them with stubs, and more.

No comments: