May 3, 2008

Injuries

While I was in my training track today, my granddaughter Alex was hit by a car while she was crossing I-10 around here to head home.

She's currently in the trauma ward at Texas Medical Center in Houston.

Beyond that, I have no information. I'll try to keep you posted.

Update: She was jaywalking across the frontage road while talking on her cellphone. She has a fractured pelvis, possible spinal and head injuries, and keeps drifting in and out of consciousness. To top it all off, she isn't insured. Still trying to get more information.

Update 2: She's supposed to go home today. No spinal or head injuries, just a broken pelvis and a quiet sense of gratitude for having been skipped by Darwinian selection.

3 comments:

Okie said...

Yikes, that sucks. Good luck.

Kevin said...

So sorry to hear this. Our prayers are with you and your family. Take care.

K

Drogo said...

Happy to Hear she's headed home dude.