August 13, 2007

Game QA Bill of Responsibilities RFC

Late last year, I posted what I saw as the Games Quality Assurance Bill of Rights.

Because of some news that I'm hoping I can announce in the next ninety days (NDA's and negotiations always take time and precedence), I'm trying to draft a companion piece: The Games Quality Assurance Bill of Responsibilities.

I want to come up with a list of ten things that are pretty much necessities for a tester. I want something that can essentially be tied to a job description that says, "At a minimum, you are responsible for this." However, this is something that I don't think I can do alone.

So this is an open call for people who are currently working in games QA. What should an entry-level tester be responsible for? What responsibilities are shared between all levels of quality assurance?

No comments: