August 16, 2007

0x21

I'm homesick.

I know that sounds funny given how much there is about my home state that I dislike, but I am definitely homesick.

I miss my family. I miss my friends. I even miss my house.

Down here, I spend so much time working that I really don't have much of a chance to go meet anyone. During my two years at Ritual, I wasn't able to get out to do anything because of the constant workload. Even with my time here being reasonable per day, the longer commute has killed my time during weekdays and I've just been feeling spent during the weekends.

I guess the uncertainty of the last year has finally gotten to me. Where will I be next year? In five years? When (or if) I retire? I've got a fairly solid idea about where I'll be next year...[deleted due to NDA and ongoing negotiations]. But after that, the future is vague.

Well...I hope that 0x21 is going to be a good year.

No comments: