December 2, 2004

The Hardest Meeting Of All

I just finished meeting with my manager at Layton City to give him my 30 days notice. It was literally the hardest meeting I've ever had.

I've been working now for about 13 years, and during that time, I've quit several jobs that I disliked. Even when I left Microsoft, I was having severe problems with the local unit due to a man who wanted to exert as much force on his employees as his waistband exerted on satellites.

But this is the first time ever that I have left a job that I liked. I'm not leaving because I hate the job...quite the contrary. I'm leaving because this opportunity is one of those once-in-a-lifetime deals, and if I don't grab this opportunity, I'm going to find myself regretting it for the rest of my life.

I hope I'm making the right decision. On the upside, I guess I've got a severe piece of .NET-related news to share at the inaugural meeting of the Davis/Weber .NET User Group on Wednesday.

No comments: