October 20, 2004

Climbing the rankings...

About once a month, I start doing some ego surfing just to see what's going on. I keep hoping that eventually, entering "Michael Russell" into Google will bring up one of my pages or one of my posts within the first ten results.

Right now, I'm outranked by an artist, a marine biologist, a reverend, a teacher, a fallen Army PFC, a British researcher, a playwright, a furry artist, a list of articles, and a research programmer.

But that's okay. I also search for what I write about, and I'm gaining ground in the areas that count. Because of my quick tip on how to fix the Windows Media Player 10 8004022A problem, I'm up to numbers 3 and 7 on a search for that error. I'm even beating out the Media Player MVP on Google. Odd...

I'm properly listed on MobyGames for two of the titles I worked on, but completely skipped over for the others. They also say that I worked on "Diablo II," and while I would have enjoyed that job, it wasn't me.

Oh, well, enough ego surfing. Back to work...

No comments: